Mary and the Eucharist: The Twin Pillars of the Church
(Artwork by Tobin Pilotte)
St. John Bosco once had a dream about the Church and the Pope being attacked at sea in a boat. The other secular boats were surrounding the Church’s boat, and firing all kinds of ballistics at it, in an effort to bring it down. The Pope was even killed in this dream, but another Pope rose up fast to save the ship. When this happened, the other ships were confused, and were finally beaten off. The ship of the church finally docked safely between two giant pillars – The taller of the two being the one representing the Eucharist, or Jesus The Bread of Life, and the shorter of the two being that of Mary, the Virgin Mother of God.
This website will go into detail on why this dream is so appropriate for today.
Following Vatican II, there was a
lot of confusion in the church. The mid
– sixties were a time of great upheaval in society, with the Kennedy
assassination, the Viet Nam war, the rise of the hippie culture, the acceptance
of illegal drugs as being a great thing, free love, etc. All of this seem to infect the people in the
church as well. And while the teachings
of Vatican II are rock solid Catholic teachings, the so-called “spirit of
Vatican II,” or what people thought (or wished) the council taught, rather than
what it actually taught, rose up to confuse a lot of people. Statues were taken
out of churches, Latin and Gregorian Chant were banished from Masses, folk
music replaced time-honored Catholic hymns, and misguided priests who wanted to
be liked by their parishioners rather than preach The Truth told penitents to
“let their conscience be their guide” when it came to using artificial birth
control. The subliminal message there is
that if my conscience is going to be my guide, then why do I need a church
telling me anything? I don’t need to
read the catechism, I’ll just let my own infallible conscience tell me what to
do! And that led to moral relativism,
the plague of society today, where everyone goes around with his or her own
personal squishy morality, with no moral absolutes. The devil really loves
this, because it gives him fertile ground to plant his seeds of disobedience,
whether it’s thoughts of abortion being okay, or whether it’s the feeling that
there is absolutely nothing wrong with homosexual acts, which are in fact,
condemned by sacred scripture. Just look
at how SO many Catholic politicians today think that abortion and homosexuality
are now OK! This 1960’s world even downplayed the Holy Rosary, and seems
to be what the church was going through in St. John Bosco’s dream.
The attacking boats could have been:
1. The idiocy of Hollywood movies glorifying unlimited sex and gore with no moral consequences whatsoever, and where no one ever prays to solve a dilemma;
2. The carnal allurements of Madison Avenue advertising on TV telling us to buy tons of useless stuff to make us sexier;
3. Worldly politicians and judges equating abortion and homosexuality with enumerated constitutional rights;
4. The worldly teachings of academia, telling us all that it is stupid to believe in God over science;
5. The rise of “Health and Wealth” Televangelists, who promise you treasure IN THIS WORLD (instead of in the next, like Jesus did) if you just give them some of your money as a “faith seed;”
6. The rise of the “new atheists,” like Dawkins, Maher, and Hitchens, with their false beliefs of a godless creation;
7. The rise of radical feminism, which denigrates motherhood and confuses gender identities;
8. The legitimization of illegal drugs as being a good thing;
9. The communist infiltration of the Catholic Church, with apostate priests and nuns doing their best to destroy the faith from within;
10. The failure of the news media to hold liberal politicians accountable for their discretions;
11. The ascension of militant homosexuals, who used to say that whatever goes on in the privacy of their bedrooms was their own business, but who now say that society MUST accept their particular mortal sin as being normal, right, and wonderful, OR ELSE you get sued and slandered;
12. The barrage of sexual images on the internet and other places, so that near nudity is now a wonderful thing, instead of the chastity and purity that God desires.
13. The acceptance of homosexuals in convents and seminaries;
14. And the never ending increase of secular TV and billboards, which program our minds to think that religion and priests are all evil, and worldly people are great.
And since the Catholic Church opposes all of the above fourteen “worldly” attacks, the powers-that-be who promote them now oppose the Catholic Church, calling it a “Babylonian Mystery Religion,” or “smells and bells,” or “medieval.” These people revel in taking the mysterium (mystery) out of the mysterium fidei (mystery of faith) that the Catholic Church proudly has brought to the world non-stop since 33 AD.
In spite of all this, God raised up Pope John Paul II, a charismatic giant of a Pope who boldly stood up to Nazism, Communism, filth, moral relativism, and secularism, and beat them all back with the twin pillars of Mary and the Eucharist. During his reign, in 1989, a Marian workers’ union in Poland defeated European Communism, which began as a godless workers’ revolt in the streets of Russia in 1917. And when he died in 2005, God quickly raised up another great Pope, Benedict XVI, who carried on for John Paul the Great. These two popes could have been the popes in St. John Bosco’s dream who safely steered the Catholic mother-ship into the safe harbors of Mary and the Eucharist. As a result, we now have the New Evangelization, where morally squishy Catholics are being properly educated in the faith through the internet, EWTN, Bible Conferences, CD’s, mp3’s, etc. This website itself is a product of the New Evangelization! It’s a mystery why the New Evangelization isn’t being preached from the pulpit on Sundays, and people have to buy CDs or books or purchase tickets to Bible Conferences to find out about TRUTH.
John Paul II’s motto was “Totus Tuus,” or “Totally Yours,” which was a reference to how he had consecrated
himself to Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary. So here we have the subject of this webpage –
Being totally dedicated to Mary, who always leads us, the fastest way possible,
to her son Jesus, who IS the Eucharist.
And that is something sorely needed in the new Dark Age in which we
live. At no time do Catholics WORSHIP Mary; rather, by being dedicated to her motherly love, it leads us to WORSHIP Jesus, who IS the Eucharist.
To find out why Mary is so important to our salvation, click on Mary
To find out why Mary and the Eucharist must go together for our salvation, click on “Mary and the Eucharist”
Email me at email@example.com